- Three bedrooms, bedroom 1 super king bed ground level, bedroom 2 two single beds ground level, bedroom 3 two single beds first level. Sleeps 6
- One bathroom, with bath and shower over, ground level
- Lounge with Log Burner, kitchen and dining area, ground level
- Washing machine/dryer, microwave, 4 ring hob, electric grill and oven, Tassimo coffee machine, slow cooker
- WIFI, TV with freeview, X-Box 360, DVD player, radios, music docking player
- Books, games, puzzles and selection of DVDs provided for loan
- BBQ and garden furniture.
- Many walking and cycling routes from doorstep
- 10 minutes drive to Bangor City
- 20-30 minutes to Snowdon
- Easy access to North Wales amazing attractions such as Caernarfon Castle, Zip world, Surf Snowdonia and the beautiful Betws y Coed (a more comprehensive list on Local Area page)
- Playground in the village.
Grocery Stores, Eating Establishments
- The village of Rachub has a post office/local shop and pub which is approx 10 minute walk
- Bethesda has a Tesco local, Londis and Spar and various Take Away's . Fitzpatricks is good for Breakfast and Lunches. Various pubs.
- Bangor has a Tesco Extra, Morrisons, Asda, Lidl and Aldi Many Take Away's, Dominos Pizza will deliver - order on line and it will pick up address. Various pubs and restaurants
- A must in my opinion is The The Ugly House, which is far from ugly, on the road into Betws-y-Coed, great for a slice of cake and cup of tea after a day out. Another good option after a hard day on the mountains is Moel Siobod Cafe on the A5 from Capel Cruig to Betws-y-Coed.
- A couple of lovely lunch or evening options are Dylans in Menai Bridge and The Austrian Restaurant in Dwygyfylchi
- There is no smoking permitted in the cottage
- The maximum occupancy is SIX.
- Unfortunately we do not accept pets.
This 18th Century former blacksmith was converted in the late twentieth Century and recently modernised to become a thoughtfully equipped home from home holiday cottage.
The kitchen has all the modern appliances you would expect plus ironing equipment.
The sitting room has fireplace with log burner. There are two sofas and an armchair in which to curl up on with a good book (loads of them on the shelves to borrow), listen to music or watch TV or a DVD or just to have a chat over a game of Monopoly, Cluedo or one of the many other games provided. There are jigsaws too for staying-in days.
There is parking right outside the front door for one car. A second car may be parked in the road just outside our gate.
The cottage is detached and private and has its own small secluded garden which has mountain and distant sea views, a BBQ and garden furniture.